This is one of my favorite things to eat, mainly in the morning. It’s a good substitution when you get tired of oatmeal.
1/4 cup of rice
Spoonful of butter
3/8 cup of sugar (1/2 cup if you want it really sweet; it’s better to start with 3/8 cup)
Optional: cut up apples, bananas, dash of cinnamon
1) Fill pot with water. Heat until boiling
2) Once boiling, add rice.
3) Boil for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
4) Once rice is soft, turn to medium heat and add butter. Stir then let simmer for 2-5 minutes.
5) Add sugar and stir. Let simmer for 2-5 minutes.
6) Prepare apples and bananas in bowl.
7) Pour liquid from rice (or leave it if you like) and place rice over apples and bananas.
8) Add dash of cinnamon if not sweet enough.