Whomp whomp whooooomp!
I tried and, well, I didn’t succeed. I made a tiiiiny mistake. I didn’t realize that this recipe was meant for the oven, not for the stove. I tried to switch to the oven, but, as you can see, it still didn’t salvage my pancake. It still tasted pretty good, but it would have been better if I cooked it in the oven from the start. Hopefully, you fare better than me. Try it!
2 tablespoon butter – divided (I just got a glob of it and called it a day)
1/3 cup of milk plus 1 tbsp.
1/2 cup of flour
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of sugar- divided
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit (if the recipe had started with this, I could have avoided disaster)
2) Use 1 tablespoon of butter to grease an 8 inch pan
3) Beat egg with milk
3) Add flour, salt, and 2 teaspoons sugar. Mix well
4) Let stand for 15 minutes
5) Peel and slice apple into the pan and spread evenly
6) Mix the 2 tbsps sugar and cinnamon and spread over apples
7) Dot with remaining butter
8) Pour batter over apples
9) Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until edges are light brown and crisp. (This is where I was like, “Bake…375…that sounds like the oven, not a frying pan.” And I realized my mistake. Silly me.)
I tried to take as many pictures as possible this time. Too bad it didn’t come out quite right.
This recipe was a slightly different version than the Puff Pancake with Caramelized Apples in that the apples were supposed to be inside the pancake. I’m not a totally awful cook; I just had a misunderstanding with the directions this time around. (:
My next dish will be a success!