You know how George Washington Carver discovered over 300 uses for peanuts? Well, I’ve done a little discovering of my own…
I’ve been suffering from a craving for sugary goodness and peanut butter has never failed to satisfy my sweet tooth. We’re pretty close if I do say so myself. (:
What better way would there be to wake up than to your best friend? That’s why I treat myself to peanut butter swirl pancakes whenever I please. You should too!
Peanut Butter Swirl Pancakes
Serves 3. (Makes 6 medium sized pancakes or 4 large)
- 1 and 1/4 cup pancake mix or flour
- 3 shakes of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/3 cup almond milk or soy milk
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons of warm water
Peanut Butter Swirl:
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
But wait, there’s more!
When I’m hit with another craving for sweet, peanut butter saves the day again!
Peanut butter snickerdoodles to be exact.
Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
Makes 24 cookies.
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix vanilla extract, flour, peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, vinegar, water, oil, and baking powder.
3. Mix up the cinnamon-sugar mixture in a separate bowl.
4. Grease a cookie sheet.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll into cinnamon-sugar mixture.
(Don’t forget to flatten the balls with a spoon! I did and I ended up with snicker doodle balls rather than cookies, haha.)
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes.
Cherish each every scrumptious bite of rich peanut butter goodness. I know I did. (:
Both of these amazing recipes are vegan!
Discover all the wonderful ways of using peanut butter!
Smear peanut butter on a chocolate muffin!
Peanut butter also makes an awesome-tastic pie!
Peanut butter is also great in: